I tried this earlier but did not share it as there are so many great cooks out there with wonderful recipes. As with most posts that we read, sometimes it’s just for an exchange of ideas, so here is mine.
- 200g of sliced beef (I like the shabu shabu kind as they are easy to cook and not overly heavy for a meal)
- Crushed ginger juice
- 1 to 2 tspn brown sugar
- 1 tbspn of soy sauce
- Crushed garlic
- Crushed black pepper
- Dried rosemary herbs
Marinate the beef with the ginger, soy sauce, garlic and sugar, pepper and rosemary herb. Set aside for half an hour in the fridge.
Cooking the beef:
- Heat up some oil.
- Add in the beef. Beef cooks rather quickly.
- Remove when cooked.
Red wine sauce preparation:
- Add in a small glass of red wine to the pan where you had just cooked the beef.
- Add in 1 tspn of sugar.
- Add in 1 tbspn of soy sauce.
- Simmer for a little while.
- Remove from the pan and place in a small bowl.
- Pour over the beef when eating.
Cooking the organic wild rice blend:
- Wash 1 cup of wild rice.
- Soak the rice in 1.5 cups of water.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
- Rice to water ratio is 1cup : 1.5 cups.
- After soaking for 30 minutes, bring the rice to boil. The moment the water boils, turn the flame down to the smallest flame. Make sure the pot is covered.
- Simmer in low heat until the rice is cooked.
- At the end, when the rice looks cooked and the water has dried up, put in a few cherry tomatoes to cook them lightly. Tomatoes should only be lightly cooked and not too overcooked. The moment the skin of the tomatoes are wrinkly or broken, that is when they are ready to be eaten. Tomatoes may also be eaten raw but cooking them lightly enhances their antioxidant activity without destroying too much of their vit C through overcooking.
Please note that not all rice blends need soaking. Follow instructions on packet.
Cooking the kailan:
- Wash and cut the kailan into pieces. Separate the stem from the leaves. Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Stir-fry the garlic pieces and stems first.
- Add in the leaves, a bit of water and sprinkle some sea salt for taste.
- Serve when all the vegetables are cooked.
On a plate, serve the beef, vegetables, rice and tomatoes. This serves two.