I love potatoes and I love bacon. Here, I’ve combined the two.
1. One potato, scrubbed but not peeled. Leave the skin on.
2. Slit the potato, about 2mm apart or thereabouts. Do not cut all the way through. Just about 1/2 to 2/3 way, enough to insert bacon bits in.
3. Put a little bit of butter and bacon bits into each slit.
4. Preheat airfryer to 160 C. Put potato in as is. I use a stainless steel baking tray which I put on the grill pan. You can put it on aluminium or baking paper. Bake for 15mins.
5. Turn up the temperature to 200 C for another 10 minutes so the fat in the bacon inside each slit gets fried as well.
I did not wrap the potato. If you like, you can wrap the potato in aluminium foil for the first 15mins or so, then remove the wrapper and airfry at 200C for the last 10mins.
I like my potato with burnt bits so I left mine unwrapped.
The oil from bacon will flow out which is why I use a baking tray. It is easier to clean.
I use unsalted butter and less-salt bacon.
This can be cooked in a normal oven. Use the same timing as you normally would to bake a potato. Then turn up the temperature for the last few minutes to fry the fat off the bacon.
This can be eaten with sour cream.